As an artist I genuinely believe in the idea that a “rising tide raises all ships.” I believe this no only within each niche but in other mediums and fields. This month is National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo and in honor of this exciting event, I will be sharing some writing prompts with you.
Feel free to use them as art prompts or to spur on your creativity in another area. You can use it for a free writing warm up, for the beginning or a poem or for an art piece.
- Make a list of 6 animals, 6 professions, and 6 locations. Roll a die three times, once for each list. Writing about the combination that you rolled.
- Write about the color orange. What do you think of, small see?
- Write about a location. Don’t forget to include your senses. Do you feel the sun on your face or the shiver through your leggings?
- Write a romance that involves one partner saving the other from a fire.
- Write about a camping trip.
- Black top
- Time capsule
- Write about fire (figurative? literal?)
- Tell a story about waking up with a super power.
- Describe a memory but change some things.
Here are 365 more prompts if you are still stuck