1. My family – including my husband Jim, my parents and my grandmother
2. My friends – I love spending time with my creative friends
3. My job – I have the best job in the world
4. Food, water and shelter – Life is good
5. Creativity – I love that I have been given the opportunity to learn to be creative
6. My past – good and bad
7. My future – I welcome the challenges to come
8. My pet salamander – and the pets I had growing up
9. That I have found things I am passionate about – I love making art and advocating for others
10. My stubbornness – I have learned a lot by not giving in and standing my ground
11. That I don’t need to do it all on my own – I am thankful that I have friends and family as well as a strong faith life
12. The many opportunities I have had – I know how fortunate I am
13. My privileges – Light-skinned privilege, American privilege, etc. I acknowledge that some are more privileged than others and I recognize the things that have helped me get to where I am today.
What are you thankful for?